URGENT HELP REQUIRED
Phoenix House is a charitable community based organisation committed to the provision of a safe, supportive service which assists those members of our community who have been harmed, are at risk of harm, and/or are willing to address their own harmful behaviours, using a public health approach to the prevention of sexual violence.
We URGENTLY require funds to be specifically used to purchase land and erect new premises for our organisation. Funding saved from not having to lease premises will also allow us to employ another counsellor/educator for the service.
Key areas of expenditure for funds donated:
- Purchase land
- Purchase building materials
- Labour costs
- Purchase equipment and furnishings for new premises
This appeal is tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your donation.
Phoenix House is a community based and managed charitable organisation which services an area North to 1770, West to Theodore and South to Eidsvold. The three main programmes are funded by:
- The Sexual Assault Support & Prevention Programme - Queensland Health
- The Future Directions Programme - Department of Child Safety - Queensland
- Invest to Grow - Family & Community Services - Canberra
Phoenix House offers a comprehensive, integrated service which:
- Provides a safe, supportive, women-centred programme for adult women who have been sexually assaulted, either recently or in the past
- Provides a child and family focused programme for children and young people who have been abused, and support for non-offending families and carers, and/or domestic violence
- Provides a child and family focused programme for children and young people who have sexualised and/or sexually abusive behaviors, and support for non-offending families and carers
- Provides an outreach programme for adult males who have been sexually abused, or who want to address abusive behaviors
- Provides a comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary sexual violence prevention programme
- Is the site for the first 'Stop It Now!' project in Australia, 'Stop It Now, Australia' (Queensland)
ACCESS AND EQUITY:
Phoenix House is committed to access and equity for all clients and provides counselling for all members of the community, including provision for the use of interpreters if required.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: The Service is located within walking distance of both bus and rail transport
REFERRALS: Self-referral for young people and adults. Written referral is required for children
PRIVACY: The Service has private, individual counselling rooms, and all information is confidential
COST: All counselling is free of charge
WORKERS: Experienced Workers with tertiary qualifications and backgrounds in mental health, counselling, social work and child protection are employed